November 28, 2004

I just had a little chat with Brian on MSN. *glimpses at my lesson plan not typed out as intended.. feelings of guilt... brushed aside* Before I go for my dinner ...

Love & dating...25

I don't know if they know this but I hope they do. I hope the men I have been in a relationship before know that I've been a very proud girlfriend when I was with them (that's the minimal).

Don't take it for granted that a boyfriend is always proud of his girlfriend, neither vice versa. Though personally, I find it strange why some men and some women don't seem to be very proud of who they are with. Brian and I sorta discussed this a bit.

Some people have this mentality towards their partner - 'Well, I'm kinda stuck with him/her. Since we are already an item, just make do lah...' Some people think their partner is 'ok lah.. not that good lah.. but ok lor'.

Not me. I'm a virgo (if that's even relevant). It's not that I have high expectations in a partner. But, the way I see it, this man is my choice. I chose my bf myself. Why shouldn't I be damn proud of him?

The perfectionist streak in virgos is really not so much towards others. But, rather, inwardly perfectionist. My partner must be someone whom I'm really taken with and hence, I would be really proud of. It's not the same as demanding him to be really that perfect (which as Brian pointed out, would lead to pressure for the guy and hence, more problems). It's about expecting myself to see him in the most perfect way possible. It's true. In that way, I'm a real annoying virgo. But, it's also this quality that makes people like me faithful lovers.

Erm, I don't mean to sell myself here. But, this is certainly not the most shameless I can get (Snow will gladly testify to this).

My point is, if you are in love with someone, you fall in love with him over and over again. At the least expected moment, you remember why you fell in love with him. That's what love is all about, isn't it? So many things to discover as you grow together, so many more things to love about each other. So many times of falling in love with each other over and over again. So damn proud of having that.

Ok. Dinner's beckoning. *psst, think the weather has added something romantic in the air I breathe... don't quote me from here. heh

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 18:34